Tuesday, July 25, 2006

...a new adventure, a new address...

Just wanted to let you know that the tales of my adventures in Sierra Leone will be found at emilyinsalone. I've posted the first entry with lots of fancy-shmancy links. Fine. Maybe they're not fancy-shmancy, but I just figured out how to do them. So there.

At any rate, I won't be posting much on this site while I'm gone. I'm opting for one page that everyone can read to keep it simple for me while I'm away. Check me out there...trust me, it'll be worth the adjustment in your bookmarks.

You should get an email about the change sometimes in the near future.

In other news, I've been playing tour guide this week when Dale came to visit. We had a great time walking all over Halifax, seeing the sights and eating the food. It was hard to see him go at the end of the week.

This past Saturday night, my church here (The Agora) had the summer season of their quarterly coffee house, SEED. Saturday saw 118 people in attendance, it was hot! Literally. The theme was 'fish' and so the church was decorated accordingly. Dale and I helped to set up and decorate on Friday night. I made a huge purple fish that went over a light and hung from the ceiling out of chicken wire, tissue paper and glue. At the end of the night on Saturday, the fish lights were auctioned off. Mine was given the highest bid and sold for $27. Behold, photos of tissue paper and glue worth $27. Who wudda thunk.

I know, it's seriously hideous fish!! I can't believe someone paid money for it!

My good friend Lindsay is heading my way this coming weekend for a week on the East Coast. We'll be renting a car and heading to PEI! That's right....Anne of Green Gables here we come! I can't wait. Every Christmas my sister, Natasha and I would watch the TVO specials of "Anne of Green Gables" and "Anne of Green Gables: The Sequel." I had a crush on Gilbert Blythe, of course. What a hottie.

My sister and bro-in-law, John, are coming to visit on the August long weekend, and then we're driving back to Ottawa on the 7th. Should be an adventure. I'll be in Toronto after that packing and spending some time with my family before I take off....

To Africa.

In case you haven't been paying attention, that's where I'll be come August 18th.

Yeah, I'm freaking out, too.

What was I thinking???

2 Comments:

At 1:11 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will do amazingly, I'm sure. Teaching those international kids up right! I'm in the middle of wedding crazyness, and won't be back in Halifax until the 16th or so, but I'm in Burlington until then. I'm coming over to your place and helping you pack for the day, alright?

Miss you!
:) michelle

 
At 9:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chicken,

Wow, I actually got a link!!! Very impressive :) Still trying to figure out details of getting to Halifax but will see you soon...love you! tasha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home