Monday, May 29, 2006

...my life on the go...


Alright...I've finally fixed my computer which has been on the fritz ever since I tried to uninstall McAfee a few week ago. But, today I reformatted my computer ALL BY MYSELF. I know. I was also shocked. So now, friends, it's time for me to update you about my busy trip back to Ontario...sit back, it's quite the adventure!

My main motivation for trekking to Ontario was to attend the wedding of my friends Brittany Ann and John Austin. The wedding itself was loverly, the dinner intimate, and the reception a fantastic evening of fun. Below is a cornucopia of photos from the event. Delicious!




I had the chance to spend a "weekend" (it was mid-week, but when you're on vacation, what's a weekend anyway?) with my friend Titus who lives in Cobourg. Titus is a lucky, lucky man (no, not because I went to visit him) but because he is house-sitting indefinitely for a family who lives in his neighbourhood. He has access to their TWO vehicles, pays no rent, bills and only has to cover his own food and entertainment expenses. What a deal. While in Cobourg, Titus had to go to work - he works for Christian Horizons (like everyone in the area it seems...) and so I accompanied him on his weekly grocery shopping outting. We found some fascinating brands of Chinese foods...take a look! Hey man, don't think any less of me, I'm not the one who thought that "cock on a mountain" would be a good idea for the name of a company...although, I was born in the year of the Rooster (I think).
















Titus was really excited about this picture (below) because he said we'd look like we were the same height. I'm not sure why that's such a desireable thing to be, or why it's so incredible. (insert eyeroll here) He thought it was hilarious. Whatever.


And finally, some of you will know I enjoy purchasing the odd eccentric handbag or two....well, I happened to take a large, sequined, floral number to the wedding and was told by Dale that "we need to get you a smaller purse." ("Uh, whatever, it matches my dress!") Hrmph. Excuse me, but I have a smaller purse. I just choose not to carry it around with me all of the time. It's boring. In fact, when I put my tiny purse under my arm you can't even see it. It's the invisible purse. So there. Once, I was even told that my tiny purse was my "Toronto Girl" purse...so really, I guess I should carry it around with me more often. Then everyone will really be able to tell I'm from TO. Clearly.

That's all I've got time for now, but there are more exciting stories and visuals coming up soon! Look forward to: a visit to Orillia, never before seen pictures of my cabin in the woods (it's real!), and party pics. Not to mention all of the fun and unusual things I've been up to since I arrived back in Halifax last Friday night! The fun just never stops ...after all, it's my life!

And now, I'd like to leave you with just one more thought from me....


AWWW....


1 Comments:

At 12:14 a.m., Blogger T said...

it just occured to me...top left of the 'muffin' picutre...the picture really says 'Napoleon' heart 'muffin'. And yes...what Em says is true...and its 3 vehicles...I pay insurance...am a fabulous soccer mom...Lesley once said I have horseshoes stuck up my ass...funny...I don't remembering having a donkey around here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home