Saturday, July 01, 2006

...Alexander Keith (the lager, the legend)...



It's been a few weeks since Kyla was in town, and I've been lazy about updating my blog. But I know you've all been waiting for the excitement that was the Keith's Brewery Tour.Let me tell you, it's worth the $13.50 (or $14.60 if you're a CAA member). We're talking drama, history, and beer all together in one place. What's not to love? From my point of view, it's almost like paradise.

The tour takes place in the historic Keith's Properties, steps away from the Halifax Harbour (handy for rolling those kegs onto ships and hauling in the hops...)

This picture is actually taken inside even though it looks like it's outside. Nifty.
This guy gave us part of the guided tour...
there were 4 actors in total, they sang, they danced...they were great.

Here I am grinding some barley. Or hops. Whatever.

Kyla looks like a natural holding this beaker of half-brewed beer!

And just when you thought it couldn't get any better,
we were kindly reminded not to trot our horses in the pub...
so that's what they called it back then!

And finally, there was of course, BEER.
Also of note, was the old time pub game we played...I think it was like blackjack.
Whatever it was...I won. Because I'm a winner. Duh.


In other news, today is Canada day! Another historical celebration, marking the creation of the Dominion of Canada in 1867. Also associated with beer. And fireworks. Happy Canada day, friends. Enjoy the perfect weather.




1 Comments:

At 3:48 p.m., Blogger Oberon said...

......i can see you are having too much fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home