Friday, April 14, 2006

...it's Easter weekend...



Today is Good Friday. That term always used to stump me when I was a kid. I mean, what's so 'good' about Jesus being killed and hung on a cross?? I didn't really grasp the fact that the 'good' factor took place 2 days later on Sunday when Jesus rose from the dead. Jesus wouldn't have been able to rise from the dead, and in doing so take on all of the crap-tacular things we do in life that separate us from God (nice of him, eh?), if he hadn't been crucified and died on 'good' Friday. This is what I never really understood when I was younger. I just saw a lot of people crying at church and I didn't see how that could be considered 'good.' It's a happy thing that as we grow older we gain insight into these matters.

"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a [woman], I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known."
~ 1 Corinthians 13: 11,12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home