Saturday, December 24, 2005

...Christmas is here...

So this is Christmas.

I do believe it's raining outside. When the weather channel said a 30% chance of precipitation, this is not the kind I had in mind. I'm not sure how Santa feels about it either.

I'm back home in TO for a couple of weeks now. I arrived early on Monday morning and was lucky to get a ride to the Halifax airport around 5am from a friend and also have my parents pick me up at Pearson. Since I've been home, my week has been a bit of a whirlwind, but an enjoyable one at that. I don't like staying at home for too long so I've been breaking up my time with my parents with visits out of town, friends, some Christmas shopping and a couple of hot dates. :) I'm already ready for the Christmas craziness to be over - it just equals a lot of fighting and tension in my house - and I'm looking forward to traveling to London, ON to catch up with some friends for a few days.

I've missed my 'peeps' (don't worry, I winced too) while I've been away and it has been fantastic to see everyone! Thanks for making the time to get together within the hustle and bustle of the holidays. If I haven't had a chance to see you, know that I've been thinking about you and wishing I could be in multiple places at once. Sometimes there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day, and it's difficult to try to satisfy the expectations of family as well as friends around the holidays.

I have to get back to wrapping presents, playing some piano, and making mango salsa for tomorrow's dinner. Yay for Christmas dinner...and by 'yay' I really mean, 'bah humbug.'

I'll try to be more cheery next time.

Maybe.

4 Comments:

At 12:58 p.m., Blogger Cameron said...

You...me and a cup of laced egg nog...what do you say?

 
At 11:50 p.m., Blogger T said...

a couple of hot dates...wow you work pretty fast for someone just visiting for a couple weeks...

 
At 2:06 p.m., Blogger Sarah Beth said...

Merry Christmas! and Happy New Year!! It was nice seeing you over the holidays, have an excellent new year and safe travels back to school :)
Much love,

 
At 2:09 p.m., Blogger Sarah Beth said...

Hey Em!
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! It was nice to see you over the Christmas holidays! Have an excellent year and safe travels back to school.
Much love,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home