Saturday, November 26, 2005

Yes, I surrendered.

I have been fighting setting up my own blog page. I have a number of reasons for this, least of which is the fact that I think it is somewhat odd that I now have a "page" dedicated to me and which absolute strangers can peruse at will...actually come to think of it...that's not really so bad. I always was a bit of an exhibitionist. I suppose there's no real reason not to maintain a blog, and so here I am.

My rationale is that this is a quick and efficient way to keep my friends updated on my often fascinating adventures in my extraordinary life (yes, prepare to be somewhat bored at times. I will try to dull the boredom with quick witticisms and a liberal helping of sarcasm. I find they help.) So my friends, this page is dedicated to you in an effort to improve my abismal skills at keeping in touch when water, land, and life experiences separate us (and when I'm too broke to pay for the long distance phone calls). I hope you're able to glean (yes, I did just use the word 'glean') some sort meaning from what will inevitably be a diatribe (uh huh, diatribe) of meandering thoughts and feelings. (I'm done with using big words now. I promise....oh, who am I kidding...) Hopefully there will be times when you read this where you'll laugh, times where you'll cry, and times where you'll be able to say "that sounds just like Emily."

Welcome to ...where I am (currently in Halifax, NS), where I wish (currently Toronto, ON), and where I will be (who knows!...that's the adventure part)... Let the blogging begin!

1 Comments:

At 12:02 a.m., Blogger T said...

AHA!! The oompa loompa can blog...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home